Land Survey CAD Technician
Job Type: Full-Time
Tulsa Engineering and Planning (tep) is an established full-service civil engineering firm seeking an experienced Land Survey CAD Technician to fill a key position in its land survey department. The applicant will work in conjunction with a Professional Land Surveyor to perform a wide variety of survey related tasks in an office setting. The ideal candidate will have strong organizational skills and be adaptable to fill a number of roles while working effectively with planning, engineering, and surveying team members.
· Efficiently plan and prepare CAD drawings using Civil 3D and Carlson Survey for a broad range of projects including; topographic surveys, ALTA/NSPS surveys, boundary surveys, subdivision plats, construction staking surveys, and as-built surveys
· Create and interpret 3D surface models, triangulated irregular networks, and contours
· Prepare construction staking data for field crews using construction plan sets
· Create points, centerlines and profiles for construction staking
· Process and interpret survey data collected in the field
· Perform research and gather data for new and ongoing projects
· Maintain and organize digital and paper survey records
· Collaborate with planners, project managers and engineers regarding projects
· Interact daily will field crews and provide direction and support for ongoing projects
· Potential for occasional field work including site inspections, courthouse research and quality assurance
· Minimum of 4 years of survey related AutoCAD or Civil3D experience preferred
· Experience with land survey specific processing software - Carlson Survey preferred
· An Associate's Degree in a Survey Related Field and/or formal CAD training preferred
· Ability to read and interpret property legal descriptions, easements and right-of-ways
· Ability to understand construction plans and general construction principals
· General knowledge of field survey procedures and equipment
· Previous survey field crew experience preferred
· Experience with Microsoft Office and Google Earth Pro
· Any combination of experience and education that would likely provide the required knowledge and abilities to fulfill the job responsibilities would be considered qualifying
tep offers an excellent benefits package for full-time employees which include paid family healthcare, dental, 401K, and paid time off.
Please send resume to Attn: Kirk Richardson, COO at email@example.com.