Land Survey Manager
Job Type: Full-Time
Tulsa Engineering and Planning (tep) is an established full-service civil engineering and land surveying firm seeking an experienced Land Survey Manager to fill a key position in its land survey department. The applicant will work in conjunction with a Professional Land Surveyor to perform a wide variety of survey related tasks in an office setting. The ideal candidate will have strong organizational skills and be adaptable to fill a number of roles while working effectively with planning, engineering, and surveying team members.
· Manage and have responsible charge over the field crews and field crew scheduling, including the preparation of construction staking and compilation of field data for engineering design use
· Align daily work with differing project scopes and critical deadlines
· Supervise and positively motivate field personnel while identifying negative trends, problem issues, and implement solutions to reduce adverse impacts to overall survey performance
· Maintain close communication with the Project Manager, Director of Survey and the Client or Contractor to report progress and schedule daily/weekly work
· May go to the field from time to time
· Efficiently plan and prepare CAD drawings using Civil 3D and Carlson Survey for a broad range of projects including; topographic surveys, ALTA/NSPS surveys, boundary surveys, subdivision plats, construction staking surveys, and as-built surveys
· Create and interpret 3D surface models, triangulated irregular networks, and contours
· Perform quality control check of plats and engineering plans
· Perform research and gather data for new and ongoing projects
· Knowledge of survey ethics and technical standards
· Previous survey field crew and management experience required
· General knowledge of field survey procedures and equipment. Leica experience preferred.
· Minimum of 4 years of survey related AutoCAD or Civil3D experience preferred
· Experience with land survey specific processing software - Carlson Survey preferred
· An Associate's Degree in a Survey Related Field and/or formal CAD training preferred
· Ability to read and interpret property legal descriptions, easements and right-of-ways
· Ability to understand construction plans and general construction principals
· Must have knowledge in GPS survey methods, electronic data collection, the processes and computer programs necessary for survey data review and transfer to and from data collectors.
· Any combination of experience and education that would likely provide the required knowledge and abilities to fulfill the job responsibilities would be considered qualifying
tep offers an excellent benefits package for full-time employees which include paid family healthcare, dental, 401K, paid time off and educational assistance.
Please send resume to Attn: Kirk Richardson, COO at firstname.lastname@example.org.